5.09.2006

THE SILVER STANDARD

SSRI, not surprisingly, hit a new high today with the ramp in the precious metals group. It is my biggest metals position and I am wondering if I should take some off the table into the new high. It is prudent to sell some but I think the metals have further to go as the dollar will probably continue to go trend lower. I also don't expect peace to break out all over the world which will also lead to higher metals pricing.

Outside the metals group, there really is little action of any interest. GOOG is now up 10, AAPL is down a buck and GEMS a recent big under $10 mover on IBD is off by 36%. There is not much money management could have done on GEMS as it plunged on earnings news and the announcement of lost business. It is all part of the game and the lesson is not to have an oversized position in any one stock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home