10.03.2006

JIMMY STRIKES AGAIN


I see my favorite carnival barker is out yapping about a $40 price target for GM after stating on January 6, 2006, that it was going to zero. I don't have a problem with someone changing their mind because that is required in this business. My problem is that he pretends to have always liked the stock and he certaintly never wrote an article explaining why he changed. It just appeared. I guess he had to do something with that zero valuation for GM matzah ball hanging out there for all to see.

Now, Adam points out an article Jimmy wrote last week about defense stocks ripping because democrats are going to get smoked in November. If history is any guide, how long before he writes a column pretending to have always loved FNM and FRE because the democrats are about to sweep the elections. And could someone please tell me what NAZ 5,000 was telling me in March of 2000, because Jimmy tells me how the markets know all. The only know all it seems is Jimmy and that is because he is entitled to opinions on stocks depending on the direction of the day. If only trading were that easy.

Its a long 35 days to the election and the polls are showing a little different take as the odds for a democratic house are pretty good and a take of the senate smaller but much better than last week as now about all of the ten contested Senate races are led by or tied by the dems. Interesting how the major market indexes refuse to fall on this news.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The New Market Reality

Heard over the water cooler...

"Hey Steve... tough day in the markets huh..... yeah - some really bad economic news came out.... so the Dow was only up 29 points today - bummer!." "Hey - don't worry Bob... I watch a TV channel called C..N..B..C... and these guys say now's the time to get in before its too late.... yeah - I'm thinkin' of maxin' the line-of-credit on the house to buy whats called Dow Stocks... yeah - everybody's gettin' in"

"Yeah Steve... but I sure hope this Dow has better days than only going up 29 points.... my financial guy at Edward Jones told me the Dow should NEVER have a down day ever again.... and ya know what buddy?... so far he's right"... "man - oh - man... I can smell the cash already!!!!" "Bob.... check this out..... "BOOOOOOOYA"...... heard it on a show.... that channel is so cooooool."

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home