12.14.2006

EVERY SALE IS WRONG


Markets are trading at the best levels of the day with new all time highs on the DJIA and new 6 year highs on the SPX.

Strong sectors abound with gaming, oils, tech, internets, retail, semis, software, trannies, homies and brokers all excelling. The only major sector to the downside is the airline group after ripping higher yesterday on the news of all the mergers.

Market internals continue at the same +2,000 level despite higher levels on the major indexes.


My early afternoon trade worked out well as I decide to buy the DJIA Futures on the heels of strong semis, strong internals, and a decent setup. I bought the 12,469 level and aimed for a gain of 15 to the 12485 level with a stop under the nearest pivot at 12450.

To say it worked out well is a bit of an understatement as I sold some at 12,485, some at 12,495 and the balance at 12,510.

Of course the DJIA could and did go higher, but I look at the job as making money not calling the bottom and the top. And who knows, maybe I get another chance to buy before the day ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home