3.09.2007

CLOSING WHIP


Markets closed mostly higher after with the DJIA +15, NAZ +0 and SPX +1.

Strong sectors were semis, real estate, defense, drugs, oils, small cap growth and brokers led by GS.

Weak sectors included internets, homies, metals, gaming and airlines.

Market internals +600 on the NYSE and +300 on the NAZ.

OEX/NDX /SPX all closed about 3/2 green.

Volatility indexes closed lower and now sit about 13% under their respective 10 day SMA's. That, combined with a 2 day RSI on the SPX near 80 gives me more of a "do not buy" then a sell signal; and if we do approach the 1,415 area, SELL. And if we get back to 1,390, BUY. That is how I anticipate playing for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Burk said...

I'm not sure where you are getting the 15% lower on the volatility indices (than their 10 day sma's)...I have 11% for the vix and 9% for the vxn..what am I missing??

;)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home