3.05.2009

THE CLOSE


Markets closed near the lows as selling accelerated into the afternoon. One good comment from a CNBC guest- noted how shorting is an easy way to make money. Hmmmmm. That was picked up by a number of twitterers.


NYSE- 2650 net losers;

NAZ- 1920 net losers;


VIX - higher by 6% at 50.5 and about 5% above the SMA 5;


TRIN - 1.19- no so horrible in light of the market crushing.


Gold - UP $28 at $935;


Crude- down $1.8 at 43.65.


Just wonder how this ends as day traders etc coining lots of money from the FAZ SKF SRS etc- I suspect not well.


Some good trades today in SRS and SMN but should have made more as I should have known the close would be ugly. Tomorrow another day and its all about the day trading.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, you are in the same boat(or problem?) as me... we short live in FEAR... I short for day trade now because I fear a WTF rally going to come... Even day trade "short", I trade in FEAR... So I do not have the conviction to say short until market close and therefore can not profit as much as I should... This need to STOP! Either we get a Mother FU** BEAR KILLING MASSIVE RALLY or we get a total BULL WIPE OUT CRASH! Come on! Mr. Market make up your mind! this way, we can either go long or short in better comfort! Or at lease dare to hold any position over night (or over 1 hour!)... This is getting ridiculous....

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home