4.18.2007

POST CLOSE


I did not make it back before the close but I am content with my market call as the RUT/MID groups were lower while the SPX was flat on the day.

Strong sectors included semis, gaming, airlines, brokers, trannies, homies and banks while oils, metals, real estate, internets, tech, and retail were weak.

Market internals were weakish with the NYSE at red 400, the NAZ at red 600 while the OEX was 50/50 and the NDX was about 3 down to every two up.

Winners included JOE DEL JPM IAI GS BSC GOOG INTC MO LVS WYNN LLTC MXIM MEDI XLNX and RIMM.

Losers- YHOO HHH EXPE ISRG INFY SLB IBM CCU DELL ABT GM DD and HD.

To show how deceiving the DJIA is, note that large cap growth was down .25% and 19 of the 30 DJIA stocks closed in the red. In spite of the higher close, the Volatility indexes drifted higher and now sit between 11.75 and 12.4 and I think I will wait em out (higher) before I jump back in to my favorite ETF's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home