3.29.2006

THE CLOSE


The yammering about the markets on CNBC continues and I have a secret to tell them. The SPY closed at 130.16, just where I made my first sale at 11:45 AM. If I told Maria that I sold at the closing price before noon, I bet she would not believe it. But that is CNBC.

The QQQQ was a different story as it closed up almost 2% led by the SMH (almost 3% higher).

The other leading sectors were Brokers, Reits, Oils, METALS (+4%), AAPL and GOOG(both up about 5%).

The Volatility Sisters are lower but not giving any sell signals.

Kudos to the traders who followed the advice to buy TWX as it closes 5 cents to the green (lots of value).

The key story of the day in my very humble opinion is "watch the internals closely". They generally are the best market "tell."

3 Comments:

Blogger John Wheatcroft said...

As for the internals - what do you watch - advance/decline, new high/new low?

5:11 PM  
Blogger DAVID said...

I watch the net advancers minus the decliners on the NYSE and the NAZ- as long as I have been watching the mkts - that is the best tell of where its going

5:14 PM  
Blogger John Wheatcroft said...

Thanks.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home