7.20.2006

MANIPUWHAT?


Maybe I was a bit confused by Jimmy's comments, apparently he did not view his call from yesterday as wrong. He blamed the down day on ETF manipulation. Yes, the guys pinning the options are now causing the ETF's to go in any direction and today they picked lower. I guess its the equivalent of the trade where you were correct but lost money anyway.

Just ridiculous, and Jimmy, are the SP futures pits also manipulated and if so you have a real scoop.

Some of the traders I communicated with today laughed at the idea that the charts had something to do with the selling. My take, go with chart voodoo over ETF manipulation voodoo.

Finally, it seems like CNBC has recently ignored the Middle East war and focused exclusively on earnings and guidance of reporting companies. I would not eliminate geopolitics from trading decisions as the conflict may escalate and will keep my trading timeframes short.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time that I am visiting your weblog... re JC call, I already posted two on the subject, but I restate that I sense he was shorting big time since May 11.

He doesn't own hedge funds anymore, does he?

7:46 PM  
Blogger DAVID said...

He is not permitted to short and if you look at his posts you will see that on or about May 11 he declared a shortage of gold and gold stocks and a big buy- and check the precious metals charts since that call

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home